POSReady2009 and MSMQ
Jahveen
2009-04-06 15:59:03 UTC
Hello,

I am trying to use a multicast address with a POSReady 2009 machine,
however, when I enter the multicast addressof "234.1.1.1:8001" I receive the
following error:

The queue cannot listen/bind to the multicast address 234.1.1.1:8001 (Error:
273c).

Also, I cannot configure MSMQ to use just the "Common" and "HTTP Support"
subcomponents of MSMQ, not even via the sysocmgr command.

Any help would be appreciated.

Regards,

Jahveen
John Breakwell (MSFT)
2009-04-14 22:53:57 UTC
Jahveen
2009-04-15 08:20:03 UTC
Hello John,

I've looked at all forms of installing the optional components that you
mentioned. Sadly, MSMQ has no further options. The MSMQ Service is installed,
but there is no way of specifying it's sub-components.

In addition, I've investigated the answer file reference for POSReady to see
if there are more granular installation instructions, but there are not.

Jahveen
Post by John Breakwell (MSFT)
Hi Jahveen,
System Error Codes (9000-11999)
WSAESOCKTNOSUPPORT - 10044 (0x273C)
"The support for the specified socket type does not exist in this address
family."
That sounds like Multicast support is not installed. And you mention that
you can't configure "Common" or "HTTP Support" subcomponents either.
You say you are using a Point-Of-Service-Ready Windows Embedded device.
Installing POSReady Optional Components
http://msdn.microsoft.com/en-us/library/dd458846(WinEmbedded.20).aspx
"Installing Optional Components During Installation
You can select your desired optional components by using the Setup Wizard
during interactive installation.
The POSReady Setup Wizard provides three installation types: Typical,
Minimum, and Custom.
Custom installation enables you to choose your desired optional components"
so I don't think sysocmgr is used.
Have you tried the following?
"Installing Optional Components in POSReady
+ By choosing Add/Remove Windows Components from Control Panel
+ By inserting your POSReady installation media and using the POSReady
Companion Setup"
Cheers
John Breakwell (MSFT)
Jahveen
John Breakwell (MSFT)
2009-04-15 16:28:16 UTC
Hi Jahveen,

I've had a chat with the POSReady people here at Microsoft and they advise
that the best people to contact are the OEM that provided you with the build
you are using (or your distributor if you are the OEM).

They also confirmed that, unlike Windows XP, there are no subcomponents to
select in the POSReady Setup Wizard.
Instead, when you choose Message Queuing, you get all the subcomponents as
well.
So HTTP support will be installed, as will Multicast support.

POSReady devices have more services disabled by default to conserve memory
which may be causing you problems.
To send messages to a device running HTTP support for MSMQ, the web service
needs to be running.
Similarly, for multicast messaging, the corresponding service needs to be
running.

Cheers
John Breakwell (MSFT)
Jahveen
Jahveen
2009-04-17 17:18:10 UTC
Hi John,

I've installed everything and started all services available, but I still
get the same error message. I bought the POSReady2009 trial CD directly from
MS, so I guess that's the only place where I can look or help.

Jahveen
Jahveen
John Breakwell (MSFT)
2009-04-20 13:04:35 UTC